Sunday, May 03, 2015

Better Late Than Never...

Perhaps I make too many mountains out of molehills, but since I last blogged, one thing after another has brought me to almost desperation.   I sprained my back trying to do something, that lasted for several days, so couldn't lift one leg onto the bed to sloep properly, ended up sleeping (or not sleeping) in a chair for two nights.  Mattress provided for me but it was softer than my own original also thinner.  However, first night used I woke with no pain, just a bit of stiffness in my back and was so thrilled.  Discovered then all the grab handles on chairs, bed etc were now too high (because mattress was now lower), and just could not lift myself off the bed to stand and use one of my walking frames.   However much I tried I was stuck sitting on the side of the bed and the constant attempts to try and get up one way or another set my back hurting again.  In the end my daughter had to call the medics (arrived within five minutes) to give me assistance - which they did.  They also prescribed Codeine as a pain-killer along with paracetamol - helps a bit, but we have now put back the new mattress and altered the height of the necessary handles, and am able to lift myself off the bed, stand, and hold onto a walking frame and move around the apartment, slowly, very slowly, but it should get better soon.

The cellulitis is healing, but got to the stage of just surface soreness (with a lot of water leaking out)
and very, very sore it is), due to the nerve endings being exposed. "Like shingles?" I asked.  "Yes, but it isn't shingles"nurse replied. "Bet you that when my cellulitis has cleared up, then I will get shingles" I said (because that's how my health is these days, one thing after another with no respite inbetween!!_

Thanks to all who sent in comments, so many and only three am replying to (sorry about that).
If not too late, my suggestion Marjorie, for meat pies that can be eaten in the hand would be Cornish Pasties or Bedforshire Clangers.

No, I don't watch You Tube Marjie.  The only use I make of this comp is for writing my blog./

One of my daughter's friends was made quite ill by drinking untreated cow's milk at a farm where she worked Cheesepare, and when we used to stay in a caravan on a friend's dairy farm the farmers themselves were not allowed to drink the milk produced until it was treated - this some thirty or so years ago, but am sure now that rules have changed, and milk would not be sold now unless it was fit for use.  Maybe just a few people cannot tolerate really 'fresh' milk.

As my health is up one day, down the next (for several days) I'll be blogging when able to get to the comp.  This afternoon my daughter and I played Canasta in this, our dining (and comp room) so I decided to stay in here and take advantage of being close to the comp to catch up with emails and blog comments.  Moving out of here into the sitting room/bedroom will be much more of an effort.;

This being a Bank Holiday weekend, Morecambe has two days of Carnival,. the weather is cool, a bit windy, and has stayed fairly dry with some sunshine, so hoping visitors/trippers will enjoy all that has been arranged for them. 

Probably have another early night tonight, and able to move around with a bit more ease tomorrow. Best not rely on that, expect the worse and with any luck it won't happen. I used to be a very positive person, now I'm turning into a very Grumpy Old Woman and really beginning to hate myself for it.

Hope you all have a lovely restful Bank Holiday.  TTFN.