Friday, October 17, 2014

Wake Up Call...

Not yet up to blogging daily, but felt well enough to pop in and thank all of you for your lovely comments and kind thoughts.  So many new names to welcome. I am blessed.
Many thanks to Eileen who kept you posted.

Suffice to say am now feeling a lot better, and after more out-patient scans/tests should know more about what caused the problem.  Have been given four more new meds to take to keep me ticking over as I should, so can't grumble.  Am enjoying putting my feet up.

Maybe I'm one of the few people who actually enjoy being in hospital, and this because all my meals are cooked for me, not by me.  This alone is a real treat, and when I saw that several of the meals were a 'James' Martin recipe' (he has done a lot of work improving hospital meals) I was very pleased.  Even though I didn't always eat 'his' dishes, all the soups were tagged with the little chef's hat (James M's), and these were gorgeous.  The whole ward exclaimed that his pea and ham soup was wonderful.

The day began with a wake-up call  of a hot drink (tea or coffee), then breakfast (choice of cereals, toast (brown or white) with butter or marg, jam or marmalade, then another drink at 'elevenses', then a 3-course lunch, then an early supper (soup, choice of sarnies with salad, and dessert), then a late night hot drink and for those that were still hungry a 'snack' bag containing a sandwich, yogurt, fruit juice and a banana on request.   You can see that even while I felt poorly, food wasn't far from my mind.

Know you will understand if I keep this blog short, and as it is Friday will also take tomorrow off (and prob Sunday as well) before returning.  If I don't feel well, then I won't blog.  For once I am putting my needs first.  Not like me, but there you go.  Needs must as they say....

However it is good to be back, and hope to catch up with comments over the next week.  Weather still good here, they say we are in for an Indian summer!  Just as well, I still haven't planted the spring bulbs or brought in the geraniums.
Soon be Hallow'een, then Bonfire night, then the run up to Christmas.  Perhaps, not surprisingly, I've gone off eating and thinking about food.  Difficulty sleeping at night, so nod off during the day.  Time now for my next nap.   Love and kisses to all.  TTFN.